Definition: a peninsula in NW Turkey, between the Dardanelles and the Gulf of Saros: scene of a costly but unsuccessful Allied campaign in 1915.
Key Search Terms:
- Victoria Cross
Terms and concepts
- Victoria Cross – a British decoration awarded to soldiers and sailors for acts of conspicuous bravery in the presence of the enemy.
- Recipient – a person or thing that receives or is awarded something.
- Gallipoli – a peninsula in NW Turkey, between the Dardanelles and the Gulf of Saros: scene of a costly but unsuccessful Allied campaign in 1915.
Gallipoli The Making of a Nation
Victoria Cross Winners
This webpage lists the winners of the Victoria Cross that were participants in the Gallipoli Campagne.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Bravery Awards at Gallipoli
This site has a short biography of each VC recipient.
Category:Australian Gallipoli Campaign recipients of the Victoria Cross
This site lists the VC winners at Galipoli, gives a brief biography of the soldier and has links to the battle that they received their Victoria Cross in.
Australias Victoria Cross Recipients – Book 1 Nicholas Brasch NF355.1 BRA
This book gives a Brief overview of the VC recipients of WW1 and the campagne that they were involved in when they received their Victoria Cross.
Australians at War A.K. Macdougall 355.0094 MAC
This book gives a thorough overview of the Gallipoli Campaign and the associated battles that occurred.
- A Book eg. Escritt, S. 2000, Art Nouveau, Phaidon, London
|Author’s Surname||Author’s Initial||Date||Title||Publisher||Location|
2. A Newspaper Article eg. Adelaide Advertiser, 23 Oct. 2001, “Federal Election: New Chip in Politics”, p.10
|Adelaide Advertiser||23 Oct. 2001||“Federal Election: New Chip in Politics”||p. 10|
3. CD or internet eg. Thomas, S. 1997, Guide to Personal Efficiency, Adelaide University, Viewed 14 Nov. 2001:
|Thomas, S.||1997||Guide to Personal Efficiency||Internet||Adelaide University||14 Nov. 2001|
4. A Pamphlet eg. Wipe Out Woody weeds, 1986, Dow Chemical, North Sydney, NSW.
|Wipe Out Woody Weeds||1986||Dow Chemical||North Sydney, NSW|